Friday, March 9, 2012

3/9/12 - Feature and Follow!



The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog, but anyone can post/participate. :)

How does this work?
  • Leave your name here on the linked post
  • Create a post on your own blog that links back to the hosr post (grab the button above) 
  • Visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image).
  • You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you! 

Q: Have you ever looked at book’s cover and thought, This is going to horrible? But, was instead pleasantly surprised? Show us the cover and tell us about the book.

But of COURSE! I am a big-time cover snob so it's very easy for me to look at one and go "OMG! Ew!" without giving the book a chance (until I read the awesome reviews later). Generally, I tend to hate on covers that picture any of the characters that I'm reading about. I kinda like to have my own image of how they look. But anyway...the most recent example of this would be:


Living Violet by Jaime Reed

The guy who stands out, front and center, does not appeal to me AT ALL! I don't mind the girl (Samara) but the male lead (Caleb)? Ick! A major plot point is that Caleb is supposed to be a major hottie and all that, but I'm just not buying it.

Overall though, the book was a great read and the beginning of what is sure to become a wonderful series. You can read my full review of it here.


So what do you guys think? Am I crazy? Does this book have cover appeal for you? Let me know!!

11 comments:

  1. Erm, something's a little off putting, don't know what it is but I haven't read the book so I can't say really. Probably not something I'd pick up myself.

    New Follower :)

    Vikki @ V's Book Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. That cover is kind of creepy! I don't think I would read something that looked like that.

    Following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is one boring cover...and I agree about imagining the characters by myself. :)
    I' following back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awful cover. I agree with you.
    When I saw the cover of this book some time back, I didn't even bother reading it because the cover was so not attractive!
    I might have to read it though! :)

    MY FF - http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-follow-1.html#more

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been a huge fan of covers that show faces either. I probably wouldn't pick that up based on the cover alone.

    I'm a new follower! :)
    Andie
    My Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry but that cover doesn't do anything for me. I'm sure the story is good but the cover needs some redesigning in my opinion. I also don't really like characters to be depicted on covers. I like to create my own images in my head.

    Thanks for checking out my FF & for the follow!
    Returned the favour :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't say that the guy is really that unattractive, but the cover looks off. And I'm not a big fan of face covers either. I like to picture what the characters look like.

    Thanks for stopping by, returning the follow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That guy doesn't do much for me either--particularly if the idea is that he is a "hottie."

    Shanan
    http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-friday-17-and-hunger-games-movie.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did he get too close to the camera? Not sure about the close up. Nice choice. Here's My FF New follower :P Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not heard of this book...but I do see your point. No offence to the chappy who got himself this model gig but hmmm..nice looking boy, but maybe the cover needs another chappy if his description doesn't agree:D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ile┼╝Polek ostatnio spotykam w blogosferze!


    Nice to meet you! Following you back, of course. I will visit you frequently!

    Agnieszka @ Nook of Books

    ReplyDelete