Friday, July 27, 2012

Feature & Follow #2

The Feature & Follow Blog Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel @ Parajunkee and Alison @ Alison Can Read. The purpose of it is to help out new book bloggers (such as myself) and make it easier for ALL bloggers to get together once a week and support each other by commenting on blogs and following!!

1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
5. If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
6. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
7. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the follower.

This week's features are Alisa @ Books Are My Reality and Michelle @ Concise Book Reviews.
This week's question is:

What was your favorite book that you were REQUIRED to read when you were in school? 

 

Two of my ABSOLUTE favorites, which I still count amongst my top 10, are Frankenstein by Mary Shelley and Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert. Both of those left lasting impressions on me - especially Frankenstein, which I've reread since and loved just as much as the first time.

Please follow either via GFC or Networked Blogs.
I appreciate you stopping by and I can't wait to return the favor!

13 comments:

  1. Frankenstein is a great book!

    Just found your blog and now following :)

    SJ
    http://anonbookslut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG how could I forget about Frankenstein??? AAH. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by! Old follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Frankenstein. I don't even think I've seen the movies!

    trish - my ff

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't gotten the chance to read Frankenstein as of yet.

    New follower!

    My FF :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frankestein! I love it! <3 Great choice!

    New follower :D
    http://goo.gl/2gafx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Frankenstein when I read it in high school. I especially love how enduring a story it is. Once you've read it, you see the story over and over in pop culture.

    New Follower through GFC. My FF is here: http://365-books-a-year.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower!

    I wasn't a huge fan of Madame Bovary, but it really is a fascinating book to sit and analyze.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/07/follow-friday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sad that I've never read Frankenstein! I'm a new follower! My FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by LiteraryObsession.com! :) I'm following now via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks! I need to read Frankenstein. My teacher almost made us read that but instead we read Animal Farm (which I hated). Lol. I wish we would have read Frankenstein. New follower :)

    MY FF:
    http://oliviasbookaholiclife.blogspot.com/2012/07/follow-friday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Frankenstein is one of my choices! I have no read the other.

    My follow friday! Please visit! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow... I liked both of these books very much. Although I think I liked Frankenstein better than Madame Bovary... Great picks!

    New follower via GFC.

    Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,

    Hopping on through from the feature and follow!
    
Hosted BY Parajunkee & Alison Can Read.
    New Buddy, Please…. Cyber stalk me back! 

    Thanks,

    http://dawnandwinniebookreviews.blogspot.com

    
PS
    
My Summer Read was…Things Fall Apart By Chinua Achebe (Author) it was interesting ☺

    ReplyDelete